Email has become the primary form of communication for most people. It’s quick and easy, and you can do it from anywhere. But is it the best way to communicate? We think not. Here are 11 reasons why handwritten letters are better than email:
- Handwritten letters are personal. When you receive handwritten letters from Santa, you can tell that the sender took the time to sit down and write them out by hand. There’s a personal touch that you just don’t get with an email.
- Handwritten letters are more intimate. Because they’re more personal, handwritten letters are more intimate. So they’re perfect for sharing important news or feelings that you might not feel comfortable sharing through email.
- Email is easy to ignore. Let’s be honest; we’ve all been guilty of ignoring an email or two (or twenty). But it’s much harder to ignore a handwritten letter on your desk staring at you!
- Email can be forwarded without permission. It’s not pleasant. Have you ever forwarded an email without permission? With a handwritten letter, you can be sure your words will stay between you and the intended recipient.
- Email can be hacked. In today’s world, hacking is becoming more and more common. Who knows what sensitive information could be leaked if your email account gets hacked? But, of course, with a handwritten letter, there’s no risk of that happening.
- You can’t accidentally delete a handwritten letter (well, unless you try). We’ve all been there – hitting “delete” when we didn’t mean to and losing an important email. With a handwritten letter, there’s no such risk!
- Email is often impersonal and formal sounding. For example, have you ever received an email from someone that sounded like they were talking to a robot? On the other hand, handwritten letters often sound more natural and less formal.
- Handwritten letters can be kept as cherished mementos. Many people save emails, but they’re not exactly something you’d want to frame and display on your mantlepiece! Instead, handwritten letters can be lovely keepsakes you’ll treasure for years.
- You can express your creativity with handwriting and stationery. Of course, you’re limited to plain text with email, with maybe a few emojis thrown in for good measure. But with handwriting, the sky’s the limit! You can use different colored inks and stationery with fun designs and even add little embellishments like stickers or stamps.
- Handwritten letters make great gifts! So if you’re looking for a unique gift idea, why not write a heartfelt letter to your loved one? They’ll appreciate the thoughtfulness – and the effort – far more than any store-bought gift.
- Bonus reason. Sending a handmade letter supporting charitable causes helps others as well! For example, many charities collect used stamps, which they sell to raise funds. So not only will your handwritten letter brighten someone’s day, but it could also help support a worthy cause!
As you can see, there are many reasons why handwritten letters are better than emails. So the next time you need to communicate with someone special, ditch the electronic method in favor of a good old-fashioned pen and paper – your recipient will be glad you did!